ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning (?) IberEnglish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diannadunn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Warning (?) IberEnglish Reply with quote

Hello, I applied for a position with IberEnglish posted through this website and went as far as having a Skype interview. I was then told I would be contacted the next day regarding how to proceed.

Last night as i was checking my "sent" emails to this school, I noticed all past communications I had emailed to IberEnglish now had a disclaimer in the body of my original message advising me that the job posting was a scam. Very strange that this disclaimer would suddenly appear in the body of emails I had *already mailed*.

Iber English' webpage now has the same warning as a banner across the top of its home page.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

thank you.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Diannadunn

Welcome to the forum.

The official website http://www.iberenglish.com/es/ states that the two advertisements, advertising for English Teachers and using Skype, on this website and on www.esljobfind.com are false.

The scammers use their own telephone numbers and email addresses but borrow the name of genuine schools.

As it happens, you and maybe others have used the genuine email address of Iberenglish in your reply and therefore alerted the school to this scam.

IberEnglish are still advertising for English teachers but not via advertisements using Skype, so send your email or telephone them using the information from their website.

In the meantime we have deleted the scam advertisement from our job board

UJ

Last edited by unionjack on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
iberenglish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: