ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer Related Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Other ESL Resources...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuplungmaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Computer Related Question Reply with quote

I am not a technical geek, so if anyone could help me comprehend the following line:

entry in error memory

is this a memory error, entry error, or both?
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to have to provide more info...this is a computer problem I take it? Operating system, program, what were you doing when this happened, and much more if you can.
Kuplungmaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
You are going to have to provide more info...this is a computer problem I take it? Operating system, program, what were you doing when this happened, and much more if you can.

That's the problem... no more info. This is only a description of an error code for some high tech machine...

Taken for granted - how woud you understand/describe the above sentence?

Thanks
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
entry in error memory

I would understand the message to mean there has been some kind of error in memory, probably when a command line is executed.

If we were to run it through the old English teacher routine, then I suppose it wouldn't be an error message at all, but a statement saying that there is an entry in something called the 'error memory'.

or, perhaps we can chalk it to machine-speak, take the thing back to Circuit City, and let the techie geeks ponder the syntax.
Kuplungmaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, that shall do it... I've suspected all along that there's something called "error memory" but it just didn't make sense even from the standpoint of " the old English teacher routine"

I guess I'll call it "the memory that collects error messages"

Thanks a lot!

Kuplung
Captian Earl Neamo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys you wanna let us know now what exactly was causing this error, where was it, on a computer screen, or an example in a Business Englsih textbook. I was following this thread religiously but you peter'ed out on us

Peace and Merry Christmas
Kuplungmaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captian Earl Neamo wrote:
Thanks guys you wanna let us know now what exactly was causing this error, where was it, on a computer screen, or an example in a Business Englsih textbook. I was following this thread religiously but you peter'ed out on us

Peace and Merry Christmas

Captain, (or Captian...nor sure which one's right... or does the dyslex creepin' on ya or what, eh?... Wink )

It is some high tech crane... we're just going through the Error Code listing trying to figure out what those codes mean.

Merrrry Xmas and let the Santa have mercy on you...

8)
IWearHighWaters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaplung you get that IT problem solved? What kind of name is tha anyway? Any meaning behind being the master of kuplung?

IWHW
rebecca.hartstrom

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWearHighWaters wrote:
Kaplung you get that IT problem solved? What kind of name is tha anyway? Any meaning behind being the master of kuplung?

IWHW

I also have the same question. I'm curious to know if this issue has been solved as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Other ESL Resources... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: