ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Checking a job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
celtic864

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Checking a job Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if they have heard of Manchester dil okkuilan - name of person Salhan Topuz ; he and his brother run a school or schools in Akaasray Turkey? Oral English job $1000 per month teaching.

I want to know if this is genuine or not

Thank you

Michael
bonvivant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Manchester Reply with quote

This has got me puzzled also. Why would this organization post ads and ask for an interview and say that you´re hired and then keep you hanging for several months? Then once in a while when one asks when the job starts, they tell you very soon or something to that effect. Strange.
bonvivant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manchester Language Academy is owned by a Haldun Saat, who has quite an impressive business resume. He is the consultant for 75 schools throughout the world besides owning schools in Turkey, Spain, and England. He has a BA from the London School of Business. Apparently the Topuz brothers are only directors among several hired by Saat. The company has a set of very sophisicated websites that are for the most part in Turkish.
RoseV8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Has this all been verified by a trusted person? Reply with quote

Has this all been verified by a trusted person actually in Turkey?

The reason I ask is that I know of an organization in China that boasts several impressive websites and claims connections to important institutions in the U.S.A. including Harvard. The director has a bad habit of talking of his dreams and ambitions as if they are real,when in actual fact he is a small time crook.
He runs a badly under equipped school in a dangerous building where he charges gullible parents exorbitant fees while promising the impossible.

He treats teachers similarly, promising high wages and great conditions which of course never eventuate. There is a great turnover of teachers and students but he always manages to con more with promises of some fabulous scheme currently being negotiated.

Be careful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: