ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Native English Speaker w/ 5 Years Experience... Chile, China

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loveacrossborders

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Native English Speaker w/ 5 Years Experience... Chile, China Reply with quote

Shaun Apple 苹果计算机公司
loveacrossborders at gmail.com
American male November 19th, 1980 single
English - native speaker, Thai - intermediate, Spanish - beginner
Portland, Oregon, USA – (1) 503-564-4143
http://shaun.loveacrossborders.com/

“Work and volunteering through a hodgepodge of cultural exchanges abroad for more than five years has helped me to truly become an educated and skillful person with contacts in many fields. For many years traveled independently, absorbing myself into various cultures with sometimes profound experiences! In new and stressful situations I have learned to focus, find self-motivation, commitment, tolerance, and enthusiasm.”

Cultural, Travel, and Volunteer Experiences:
Thailand, 2003 - 2005 -- Mentored Hmong refugees with IOM - International Organization for Migration - to help meet basic educational needs at Wat Tham Krabok. Assisted with 2004 - 2005 Asian Tsunami Crisis victims in Krabi province and rebuilding effort for several weeks. Taught classes for impoverished parts of north-east Issan at schools and businesses.

India, 2004 -- Journey and pilgrimage through 23 Indian states ranging from north - Kashmir, south - Kerala, east - West Bengal, and west - Rajasthan. Worked with Tibetan refugees in Leh, Ladakh, Kashmir and Dharamshala, Himachel Pradesh under local Indian and Tibetan organizations.

Malaysia, 2003 -- English language adviser to vSource Inc. in Kuala Lumpur. Volunteered for eco-project for a short while in Taman Negara National Park on the eastern coast - oldest rainforest in the world. Explored indigenous cultures on the island of Borneo in Sarawak and Sabah states.

Singapore, 2003 -- Cultural exchange with Malay family in city centre.

Laos, 2003 -- Collaborated with a Lao teacher involved with the EU's - European Union - Micro-Project Development Through Local Communities - MPDLC - project in Vieng Kham district at a village-level school. The school was a rural outpost mainly accessed by teenagers from several tiny villages.

Canada, 2002 - 2003 -- Led treks through northern British Columbia and the Yukon Territory. Resided in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, B.C. Provided private tuition for Asian ESL students who attended Malaspina University in Nanaimo. Spent two weeks in the Canadian Rockies in B.C and Alberta provinces hiking. Volunteered with SPCA - Society For The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, did certification for rock climbing, and helped out a local radio station with on-air programming.

Australia, 2001 - 2002 -- Obtained a work visa for Australia through BUNAC. I enjoyed having studied urban planning in Melbourne. Traveled to Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, and other locations, including a three-week trip on the ground across parts of the Outback going from Victoria to Western Australia. Along the way, I picked-up odd jobs, fruit-picking, and farm work - WWOOFing.

The Fiji Islands, 2001 - 2002 -- On a shoestring, I traveled through many islands like Nacula, Viti Levu, Beqa, Levuka, Beqa, Kadavu, Vanua Levu, Rabi, Taveuni, and Qamea. Mostly stayed with local families in traditional Fijian and Fijian-Indian villages for a duration of five months. Vanua Levu, outside of SavuSavu, I did translation and proof-reading at Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort. Taveuni in remote northern villages, I taught the game of basketball to village girls.

In addition, I also have also been fortunate enough to have experienced bits of the following countries:
Myanmar, Cambodia, Taiwan, New Zealand, Pakistan, and Mexico.

Education:
University of the Pacific -- Stockton, CA, USA -- Bachelor of Arts – Major: Sociology
High School, Vanguard -- Ocala, FL, USA -- KEY Club, DECA Club, Poetry Club, Astronomy Club, Basketball Team
High School, Deltona -- Deltona, FL, USA -- Art Club, Computer Club

Employment:
Education Full-time Schools
2005, Krungthep Vited Suksa -- Don Muang, Bangkok -- Science (head), Health, Maths, and English -- Ages 4 - 12
2005, Nipat Wittaya -- Surasak, Bangkok – English, Western Culture -- Ages 5 - 16
Education Part-time
2005, CBC Corporate -- Bangkok -- Business English (Callan Method) -- Ages 18 - 60 -- Corporate classes for hospitality and I.T companies in and around Bangkok.
2003 - 2005, Private Lessons -- Thailand -- Private 1-on-1 tuition with individual students or small groups, instructing and practicing the following: Conversation, Pronunciation, Grammar, Slang, Dialects, Geography, and Business -- Ages 4 - 39
2003, River Ping Palace -- Chiang Mai province, Thailand -- Business English -- Ages 18 - 28
2003, Private Lessons -- San Francisco, CA, U.S.A -- Ages 28 – 36 -- Private lessons about Conversation, Pronunciation, Grammar, Slang, American and California Culture, Dialects, Geography, and Business. Students were from countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Japan, Korea, and Mexico.
Substitution
2005, Assumption Thonburi-Bell Language Centre -- Thonburi province, Thailand – English-- Ages 11 - 15
2005, Thamma Satkh Long Luang Wittaya Kom -- Rangsit, Bangkok -- English -- Ages 5 - 12
2004, MTT Language School -- Muang Thong Thani, Bangkok -- English -- Ages 1 - 6
2004, Wat Raik Hung -- Rangsit, Bangkok -- English -- Ages 16 - 18
Non-Education Related
2003, Suntrek Inc. -- Santa Rosa, CA., U.S.A -- Led cross-country adventure camping tours for small international groups of travelers. Traveled along scenic routes throughout North America. Met and greeted groups on first night, facilitated introductions, let them know what to expect, answered any questions and prepared them to begin their trek the next morning. Facilitated daily camp set-up and break-down. Loaded and unloaded camping gear and luggage from roof rack. Drove 15-passenger maxi-van between destinations. Worked with local vendors to arrange activities such as biking, horseback riding, river rafting, etc. Organized food shopping, cooking and cleaning duties. I was responsible for ensuring the clients had safe, fun, exciting tours conducted in a manner consistent with the varying dynamics and personalities of each group. Maintained daily documentation of expenses, mileage, receipts, etc.

Personal and Professional Hobbies:

I have a keen investment in web design and web development. I own, operate, and administer several high profile websites in my spare time and enjoy working with “Web2.0” technology. I am very proficient with Windows (98, 2000, NT, XP, Vista, etc.), Macintosh, and Linux programs. Some other hobbies and interests include: Travel, Art, Linguistics, Photography, Writing Poetry, Reading, Sports, Swimming, Hiking, Nature, Bicycling, Music, DJing, Sociology, Astronomy, Economics, Urban Planning, Movies, Comedy, Dance, Tea, and Sharing Friendships.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V.... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: