ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

autonomo in Madrid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naomi Abrahams

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: autonomo in Madrid Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't it anywhere. First let me say that I got some really good advice, on this site, as an older teacher with little experience and no degree. I was called for interviews last year, in Madrid, but wasn't living there at the time. I feared moving, without something definite. I've now decided to move but have just missed the January hiring. I intend to go anyway and have the EFL guide to use when I get there. I have also been thinking about the other option of becoming an autonomo. Someone told me that it's possible to be an autonomo and pay 250 euros to the government, for the first 3 months, and then stop for another three before paying again. This might be complete nonsense but it would be good to find out. Thanks
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Autonomo Reply with quote

I agree; information about this is very sparse and it isn't always up to date.
I saw the following on youtube, which suggests that the cost would be 250 Euros each month. However, it is 3 years old, so well out of date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUy7G7BTwzA

I checked their website but they don't seem to be giving advice. I also emailed them but got no reply

The best approach would be to contact the Spanish Embassy. I tried phoning them several times but got no answer, so you will just have to keep trying.

Sorry, I can't be more helpful

UJ
Naomi Abrahams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will try that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: