ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A great conversational question book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Recommended ESL Books...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deominous

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: A great conversational question book Reply with quote

PRESS RELEASE

A great book full of conversational questions for ESL classes, slumber parties, keeping people awake on long roar trips, finding out everything about your friends or interviewing new employees.

Questions to Muse You
by Dean Derkson

Hats Off Books
610 East Delano Street, Suite 104
Tucson, Arizona 85705
hatsoffbooks.com
ISBN: 1587362864

Hundreds of questions to survey the landscape of your life.

About the book:
Where would you take a gorilla on a date?
Who would you like to be stuck in an elevator with for three hours?
If cannibals caught you, how would you like to be cooked?

1004 questions await your answers. Use them for truth or dare, interviewing new employees, slumber parties, or for keeping your partner awake when driving late at night. The book is divided into six major sections:

Choice: From whose lips would you like to drink your fill of wine?
Past: Have you broken any bones (not necessarily your own)?
Present: What sin are you most familiar with?
Possible: If they were coming for you, where would you hide?
Spouse: What food best describes your spouse?
Opinion: Beside what entry in the dictionary would you find your picture?

Available online from: wheatmark.com and other Internet booksellers like Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.

About the Author:
Dean Derkson was raised in the small Canadian town of Niverville. He earned a Bachelors degree in Mathematics at the University of Manitoba. Since 1997 he has made his home in South Korea teaching English as a second language. The interesting conversational questions came from a need in free talking English classes.
Lee Hobbs
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: A great conversational question book Reply with quote

Deominous wrote:
A great book full of conversational questions for ESL classes, slumber parties, keeping people awake on long roar trips, finding out everything about your friends or interviewing new employees.

Posters,

I looked up this book (Questions to Muse You by Dean Derkson) that Deominous plugs here on ESL-Jobs-Forum and it does seem to warrant further study. I've just ordered a copy for myself. Anyone care to give it an honest review? More details from the publisher here:

Looking forward to your responses. Rolling Eyes

Best,

Lee

http://www.english-blog.com

Lee's blog is still available, however, here: www.english-blog.com
pszu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Review Reply with quote

Here is a good review:
"I really liked this book and have used it in my ESL classes for conversation topics. The questions are well thought out and the book is nicely pocket sized. However there are only 217 questions in the book. That's only one or two a page. Other books in this genre have now surpassed the Book of Questions like the If... series with 400 questions per book; the Book of Fabulous Questions, which is divided into topics and Questions to Muse You (My own book) with about 1000 questions on a wider variety of topics."
eric18

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Perhaps Compelling Conversations is for you Reply with quote

Post removed because advertising is not allowed on the Forum

UJ
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Advertising Reply with quote

You may advertise your job vacancies here for FREE: http://www.eslemployment.com/esl-jobs.htm

or here, for a more prominent display:

UJ

Last edited by unionjack on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
eric18

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Good to know Reply with quote

Okay, that's good to know.

Eric
eric@compellingconversations.com

"In America, nobody says you have to keep circumstances somebody else gives you."
Amy Tan, Asian-American writer
caban28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: GREAT RESOURCE Reply with quote

Some of these questions simply made my day) That's what they call a stress interview. A great resource, I really want this book. I'm certain that after thinking over these questions, an applicant will be prepared for absolutely anything. Great job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Recommended ESL Books... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: