ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching English Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Getting the ESL Job...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jda1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Teaching English Online Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

My name is Jack and I have been teaching online for a number of years now. I'm creating a guide on this topic and will go through everything you need to know about how to teach online.

I'm currently trying to get as much feedback on this topic as possible. If you could answer the following questions, I'd be very grateful:

Have you thought about teaching online?

If so, what would you need to know to be able to get started?

You can contact me here, or if you prefer, through my site (the link is below [www]).

Thanks in advance for your response.

Jack.
ilagupta25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Dealing with difficult students while teaching online Reply with quote

Recently, I got a student to learn to speak English privately and I started giving her private classes for 1 month at mutually decided scheduled time. She even paid only half amount of fees and agreed to pay the rest after 1 week. But now when around 9 classes are over, she has started to nag about the class timings and wishes to change the timings and gives me various reasons for the same and i have told her that my schedule is not flexible as I have my baby at home who is only 20 months old. But she is adamant that she cannot continue at the scheduled time and she has not even paid the remaining fees yet. Can someone educate me about how should we treat difficult students in this scenario. Thanks in advance!!!
jda1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: CONTRACT Reply with quote

Hello ilagupta25,

Do you have a contract that you signed?

This is a good example of why it is important to get the money up-front. I would do everything possible to get the money you are owed and move on. These types of students aren't worth your time and energy.

I have a strong cancellation policy and I stick to it. Write one and make sure that your students understand it completely.
rabie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a certain college in Inner Mongolia's captial that rates up high as one of the most badly managed, dishonest and ruthless in all of China. Because the location is so far away, it is difficult to regard the practices being those of mainland China. In fact, Inner Mongolia is an autonomous region not controlled by, nor is accountable to,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Getting the ESL Job... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: