ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resume help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karen Boswell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Resume help Reply with quote

I have failed to apply for work via this site because I do not have a resume. I have all my life been able to talk my way into a job or have been recommended. Please help me find the answers to writing a suitable resume for teaching children or adults English.
I do hope you can advise me,
Karen Boswell
(54 year old Australian woman teaching English to a private family in Austria for the last 18 months)
ICAL_Pete

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty straightforward. Although there are ways and means of doing it, the simplest is to stick to a basic chronological resume.

Start with basic personal details: name, contact details, age, sex, nationality.

Then give qualifications (where and when) starting with highest and working down.

Then the languages you speak (rated from MT to Beginner).

Then relevant employment history (from most recent to oldest).

Then additional skills.

Click here to see a Sample TEFL Resume.
Dianaljia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Best Tool for Creating/Enhancing Resumes Reply with quote

Now, I've been duped by so many resume writing services and have spend upwards of $200 on them that I really just want to share what I've learned so that not everyone goes through it like I did.

Out of all of the extensive resume sites that I've used and tested, the best from personal experience is cvee.me/

It has helped me tremendously and I highly recommend that you at least check it out. Best of luck to everyone!
Mandrake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Effective ESL Resume Reply with quote

Your resume is your first point of contact with an ESL language school or recruitment agent. I hate to be cliched, but the first impression is the most important. Therefore you should follow the advice of ICAL_Pete. He describes the structure of a resume perfectly.

Besides having a resume, you should also have a good cover letter/personal essay when applying for ESL jobs. I would also advice having a personal introduction video of your self posted on You Tube and refer to your link in your applications for ESL positions.

To answer you question Syed2011, yes the article you read is right. You should list your full name in the title of your resume, and if specifically writing an ESL resume, follow your name, by the level of your degree i.e. Joe Soap, Bachelors Degree.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Mandrake on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
DarrielGomes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Since you are at the entry level in the work force, consider few optional areas which you can apply your educational experience to. A great resume doesn't tell the employer what you did in the past, but also suggests what kind of direct specific benefits the employer will have if they decides to hire you.
Regretfully Yours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: POST DELETED Reply with quote

Post deleted-repeated eslewhere UJ
DanielLee5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, if you want to get a serious job, you must have a CV. It is easier than you think, but you should be as responsible as you can. You may use a special CV creating templates or organize a professional to write a suitable resume for you. Happily, there are many special sources ( http://craftresumes.com/ )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V.... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: