ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

non-native English teacher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Discrimination Issues in ESL...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
croft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: non-native English teacher Reply with quote

I am a 25 year old English teacher from Turkey. I have been teaching English for one year. I graduated from the English Language Teaching Department of Marmara University in İstanbul. I have CELTA and I have been working for English First( previously International House) for one year. I would like to work abroad.Which countries can I work in? And which countries are the least likely to hire me?
Thank you.
Lara
Gerard Denaro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Turkey graduate seeks ESL position Reply with quote

Hi Lara, congratulations on your graduating as an English teacher with CELTA but you dont say whether your qualifications include a degree. You ask where you might be able to teach English overseas. Your best bet is to consult job sites like ESLcafe.com. Unfortunately, most Asian job ad's specifically ask for teachers from certain western countries whose first language is English. In Australia, such ad's would be banned because of discrimination but anything goes in some countries. I suggest you apply for as many jobs as you can but you might try some eastern European countries or maybe south America.
good luck
zark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many good jobs for non-native speakers in Thailand. If you show up for an interview nicely dressed, well-groomed and are obviously fluent - you should have no problem here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Discrimination Issues in ESL... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: