ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mature TEFL Instructor with business background

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevagelene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Mature TEFL Instructor with business background Reply with quote

Helllo,I am currently a TEFL instructor and also have over 20 years in business as a corporate Human Resources Recruitment and Training individual contributor, Manager and Director. I have about 1 year of TEFL experience. I have taught a CEO of a major international corporation (in Brazil) Marketing Managers, attornies and currently am teaching football executives from a Portuguese team.
I love teaching English! I am conversant with business language requirements and enjoy designing curriculum and lessons.
I am American and live in Portugal but would relocate. I have an EU visa and an American passport. I am especially interested in teaching professionals and enjoy it very much. I am flexible and adaptable and have worked all over the world with a variety of people.
I speak intermediate-level Portuguese.
Thanks for your consideration and my contact details are below,
Best Regards, Jill Coleman

Address: Rua Dona Teresa Ramalho Ortigão, 67 Faro Portugal
jcoleman4442000@yahoo.co.uk +351 969085460

Jill Coleman

Objective TEFL TEACHER/TRAINER
To teach English as a foreign language. Currently teaching professionals in Portugal. Possess over 20 years international corporate Human Resources, Training and Coaching experience, plus practical teaching experience in TEFL with certification specializing in General English, Business English, English for specific purposes and preparation for English proficiency exams.
Experience January 2008-present: Teaching EFL to 4 students at Toc’Aprender, a Portuguese school. Also teaching 3 students privately. Design and teach lessons. Additionally have an international career counseling and coaching practice.

1983 – December 2008 USA, Europe, Asia
 RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR
CAREER DEVELOPMENT COUNSELOR/TRAINER

Recruitment of IT and other professionals and non-exempts in varied environments: including networking, financial, banking, insurance, and clothing Industries. Recruited for positions including: IT (all levels), Sales, Call Center, Inside Sales, Managerial, Biotechnological, Clerical, Human Resources, Financial/Accounting employees (exempt and nonexempt). Also assigned to special projects, including Acting Interim Manager (Asia). CorporateTrainer,:Communications/Teambuilding/Myers Briggs/Interviewing Techniques/HR issues. Private English Clients. Business English

Oct. 2006-December 2008: Acting Recruitment Director, Lohika Systems, Ukraine
Managing a 7-person recruitment team in 3 locations, responsible for effective staff performance, goal attainment, reporting, part of the Executive Management team,. Implement new Recruitment policy, interact with Engineering management, train, recruit executive staff members.

Former Corporate Clients also include:
FIREMAN’S FUND (USA)
BIOGEN, INC. (Europe)
PROVIDIAN BANCORP (USA)
eTECHNOLOGY (Asia)
WELLS FARGO BANK (USA)
CHARLES SCHWAB (USA)
CISCO SYSTEMS (Europe, Asia)
SAFEWAY STORES (USA)
PROVIDIAN BANCORP (USA)
InterNAP SYSTEMS (Europe)
MEDISYSTEMS (USA)
NETExpress SYSTEMS (Europe)
THE COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (USA)
FEDERAL RESERVE BANK (USA)
CROCKER BANK (USA)
LEVI STRAUSS & CO. (USA)
TRANSACTION PROPERTIES (USA)
COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY RECRUITMENT (UK)

Concurrently: Training/Teaching/Career Guidance/Coaching:
• University of Portugal (Algarve): taught Myers Briggs Type Indicator Course to Business Students
• San Francisco Learning Annex Course: “The Inner
Path to the Job You Love” (USA)
• Seminar : “Myers Briggs Type Indicator” (Europe,USA)
• Seminar –Personal Growth (Europe)
• Private Career Coaching clients practice
• private English tutoring client (Brazil, Portugal)

LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, HIGH INTERMEDIATE PORTUGUESE, LIGHT SPANISH

VALID EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENCY/WORK PERMIT
AMERICAN CITIZEN

Education
TEFL CERTIFICATION
BRIDGE LINGUATECH RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
Accredited by ACCET. Administered by Maria Alice Cappochi, April 2006.

BA POLITICAL SCIENCE UC SANTA BARBARA CUM
LAUDE
MASTERS STUDY CAREER DEVELOPMENT JFK UNIVERSITY
(INCOMPLETE)
CERTIFIED MYERS BRIGGS INSTRUCTOR AND PSYCHOMETRIC
TOOLS (Masters level certification course)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V.... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: