ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-teaching with My-English-Teacher.com ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Jobs From Home...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninanatalia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: E-teaching with My-English-Teacher.com ??? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with teaching online with my-english-teacher.com? Their website seems very good and the FAQ they sent via email is very convincing, but anymore info would be greatly appreciated, such as how long does it actually take for students to sign up with teachers, how many hours is it realistically possible to teach per week (in terms of students signing up with you..) and whether the monthly fee is worth it?? Thanks!
skennedy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: teaching ESL online Reply with quote

I had a bad experience teaching online. I don't remember the school now but I corresponded with them and checked them out every way I possibly could. We had voice and video conferences/interviews and I did a demo lesson for them online. That all went well but when they hooked me up with a student the system always broke down and the lesson could not be completed thereby wasting my time which I never got paid for. In the initial set-up process they manipulated my computer from their site because I didn't know how to do what they wanted me to do. I removed my firewall and let them inside my computer. After I realized teaching was not going to be a successful project, I could not get them out of my computer and often they were using my internet connection and I couldn't get online at all. So if this is something you want to do and you are not computer savvy, please have a friend who can work your computer so you don't let them inside your personal information. I think the concept is wonderful if it works for both parties.
________
colorado dispensaries

Last edited by skennedy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
chaskarmukund

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Online teaching Reply with quote

Smile Sir/Maam,
To my great surprise, I am one of the fortunates who can vouch that Online teaching is the perfect method of atleast teaching conversation English. One can take the help of Skype/Yahoo messenger etc. and can start teaching Online. There is NO need of any class and one to one contact. Only thing you must know comp. operating and accessing various Engines. That is all. You can ask the students to pay in advance or at the end of the session. You must have faith in them. This is my experience. I have registered with few sites. I get few students. However, I fail to understand that I am not gettting in students from Japan where the level of learning is high. Do you know any of the sties apart from Gaijinpot where you can find Online students. I shall appreciate your co operation in this. please feel free to ask me anything about Online. I will be too glad to assist you. We may get along for mutual benefits. What you think please.
Please consider the above and please comment.
Thanks,
Mukund
lilydreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also teaching students online and it is really good experience. Now it is becoming hectic to go to school and teach students in Montana since I am suffering from different health problems. by online teaching I am earning money by giving time to by health.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Jobs From Home... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: