ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Available work in Hong Kong with CELTA but NO Degree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Academic Degrees...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanashton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Available work in Hong Kong with CELTA but NO Degree Reply with quote

Hi all,

My first post here.

About 4 years ago I got my CELTA certificate here in South Africa through Cambridge and haven't used it at all yet. I also don't have a degree in any way, shape or form.

CELTA, but no degree and no experience.

My wife got a job in Hong Kong about 3 months ago au pairing and I was hoping to join her and finally take advantage of my CELTA, but every job I see advertised and all applications I make seem to require a university degree.

Are there any jobs in HK that don't require a degree?

Is it a work permit requirement from government to have a degree?

Am I destined to have a long distance marriage? Sad
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: No degree Reply with quote

Hello Ryanashton

Welcome to the forum. One solution, would be a teaching job in China, where a degree is not required. The nearer to Hong Kong, the better and you will be able to pop over to see your wife, at any time.

To help you, there is the ESL School Finder Guide, which contains, at least, 300 ESL School addresses for China and 70 ESL School addresses for Hong Kong, as well as 10,000 ESL School addresses world wide. It is an e-book, so you can download it, direct to your desktop and be sending off your CV, in minutes. Most have email addresses and telephone numbers, so you can, literally, be in touch, in minutes.

https://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/Checkout.aspx?sctoken=fab8db8e7f4c461a8b9058dea5f0e723&bhcp=1

Best of luck

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Academic Degrees... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: