ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beware! UAE Ministry of labor scam
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFORBE511

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: UAE Ministry of labor scam Reply with quote

It is now December and this scam has been apearing from as far back as August. I got as far as completing the interview form and sending them my personal details before I realised it was a scam. I have contacted ESL regarding the matter twice but no one has got back to me. Is there something you can do ESL? to stop this message appearing.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Emirates advertisement Reply with quote

Hello DFORBE

First of all, I am sorry to hear of the problems you have been having.

We are deleting the Emirate advertisements every day and in the meantime we are working on updating our software to banish these bogus advertisements, once and for all.

We hope to have something in place soon

UJ
clbrz105

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Nigerian ESL Scam Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Dear Forum Administrator,
I, myself, have also been a recent victim of this ongoing ESL Dubai job scam.
After seeing the recurring advertisement on ESL employment, I responded and sent them all the info they requested, and went so far as to send $350 via Western Union to pay for a bogus visa/work permit.
At this point, I'm rather dismayed that this site contains to operate using ESL employment as a cloak to dupe people- ESL teachers,for the most part, are low paid wage workers who venture out from their home countries, not for the love of money, but rather, to enable other people to speak the world language, English. What these miscreants are actually stealing is ESL teachers inspiration and precious time.
My question is this, is there a more proactive means, i.e. law enforcement agency particularly in UAE-Dubai, to combat their criminal activity.

clbrz105
robmartin337

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: scam Reply with quote

This scam has been listed about 5 times today on the Jobs in Europe section
buildself

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Scam Alert Reply with quote

The above advertisers are crooks and they have cheated me out of 300 dollars and they are asking for another 2000 dollars.

There is no job and it is all false information.

I have checked with the Ministry in the UAE and they are pursuing this as a legal case here in Dubai.

Please can you provide me with this advertiser name, contact details so I can forward it to the legal authorities?

Thank you for your cooperation in this case.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Authorities Reply with quote

Hello Buildself

I'm sorry but the "authorities" know all about these scams but there is very little they can do about them because they are controlled by a corrupt Nigerian government

See Gulf News report

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_and_The_Courts/10187926.html

and this is where you can file a complaint

http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

Avoid anyone with a .tk address or website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.tk

UJ
neamman

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one. The school is genuine and I only mention their name to identify the ad if anyone sees it in future but when I contacted them they had never heard of the ad. The link leads to a purported UAE labour site and of course thats when the money demands start. Luckily it only cost me $200 before I twigged.

DUBAI BRITISH SCHOOL
P.O. Box 37828 • Springs 3 • Emirates Hills
Dubai • United Arab Emirates

Dear
EMPLOYMENT LETTER

Find as attached your letter of Employment, Contract conditionality and all other rules and regulations as stipulated by the law of the land.
Please,you are advise to review the attached Contract Agreement carefully so that you can confirm If the conditions is acceptable by you then print it out the attached Contract Agreement and endorse your signature with date and return it back to us for record purposes.
For your traveling Labour Card and work visas, you are advised to contact
United Arab Emirates-Ministry of Labour/Dubai Naturalization & Residency Administration.
E-Mail:
The above office is responsible for final approval and issuance of Labour Card and work visas.

Afterwards,let us know the convenient date of your departure to Dubai Int'l Airport as soon as you acquired your Labour Card and work visas, So that we can book for your 2ways Air ticket and also arrange for our staffs and driver who will pick you to your accommodation upon your arrival at Dubai Int'l Airport.
I look forward working with you soon.

Regards,
Andy Homden (Principal)
neamman

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apply@onlinelabourcard.com

Here is the link that comes up as an UAE site. Very slick.
mutinus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: These crooks are doing it again. Reply with quote

See their advert on ESLemployment :ESL/ENGLISH TEACHING POSITIONS IN DUBAI

Jawad Kasan
ZINA LANGUAGE SCHOOL
26 Harima Street Dubai,
United Arab Emirates.
Tel/Fax: +971-4-2821131
Email:info@zinalanguageschool.tk

They reel you in with a tempting offer, sending you a ‘contract agreement’ you are asked to sign and return. Then you are required to get an entry visa from a fictitious source purporting to be Ministry of Interior, for which you are charged AED 1,657 or Equivalent $450. Actually if you work in Dubai, a mission visa costs AED 500.00 for 90 days and has to be applied for by your sponsor. So don’t send money for an entry permit. You’ll not get one and the scammers will have your $450.

The emails are almost identical to that already exposed below on this forum. Check out their website using Google translator: it is not a language school at all, nor is there a school on Google Earth called Zina nor a street in Dubai with the same name as in the email address.

Dear
EMPLOYMENT LETTER

Find as attached your letter of Employment, Contract conditionality and all other rules and regulations as stipulated by the law of the land.
Please,you are advise to review the attached Contract Agreement carefully so that you can confirm If the conditions is acceptable by you then print it out the attached Contract Agreement and endorse your signature with date and return it back to us for record purposes.
For your traveling Labour Card and work visas, you are advised to contact
United Arab Emirates-Ministry of Labour/Dubai Naturalization & Residency Administration.
E-Mail:
The above office is responsible for final approval and issuance of Labour Card and work visas.

Afterwards,let us know the convenient date of your departure to Dubai Int'l Airport as soon as you acquired your Labour Card and work visas, So that we can book for your 2ways Air ticket and also arrange for our staffs and driver who will pick you to your accommodation upon your arrival at Dubai Int'l Airport.
I look forward working with you soon.
mutinus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Zina Language School - advert is a scam Reply with quote

rphillips wrote:
Duj,

Thanks very much for the heads up. All jobs posted from this scammer have been removed from our board, and we appreciate you posting this advice to alert our community to this type of post so they can always be aware any time they see such scams across the 'net.

Rich

Please remove their advert from your site. It is the same scam which takes your money when you apply for an entry permit
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: ADVERTISEMENT Reply with quote

The scam advertisement has been removed from our Jobs board

UJ
mutinus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Beware! UAE Ministry of labor scam Reply with quote

As long as you are not working for the Zina Language School then I presume?
Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Africa & S.W. Asia [Middle East]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: