ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member looking for an online degree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Academic Degrees...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passionate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: New member looking for an online degree Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've some queries regarding ESL/EFL degrees. Plz do excuse me if my queries have been already answered on this forum. I am a Pakistani about to complete my BBA, 2 yrs programme (Bachelors of Business administration) from an accredited Online Pakistani university.But now I want to change my career path and want to pursue my career as an Linguistic/ESL/ESL teacher. I am looking for an affordable (around 5000US$ or a little more) accredited degree in linguistics/TEFL/TESOL from an online university. All positive suggestions will be welcomed.
ICAL_Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually MA courses are on site but there are several universities which offer a combination of online and onsite degrees, and some which offer degrees by distance learning. The Open University for example is a long established UK university dedicated to distance learning. They have many undergraduate and postgraduate courses including an MA in Education. Their website is at http://www.open.ac.uk/

And browsing the Net just now I came across a UK College that offers MA TESOL which can be completed entirely online. I really don’t know anything about them or their programs but here’s the link for you to take a look: http://www.newschool.edu/matesol/

I also read that Alliant International University in California www.alliant.edu offers their MA in TESOL in an online format. Again I don’t know anything about them but you could look into it.

The University of Phoenix http://www.phoenix.edu/ also offers an MA in TESOL via Internet/Online Learning. Like Alliant’s, their program is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

You’ll find that if you do a search by key words there are many MA TESOL programs advertised. Just be careful which one you choose. Good luck!
passionate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your input. I'll definitely look into these programmes and I'll let you know.
ICAL_Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers! Very Happy
bud.630

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passionate, I wish you good luck in finding the right college for you. If you haven't already found one, here's a fine review of online colleges. Maybe there's something interesting for you on this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Academic Degrees... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: