ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

El Limonar Murchia, Spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harlanw

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: El Limonar Murchia, Spain Reply with quote

Has anyone ever worked for El Limonar International School in Murchia, Spain?

I was recently made an offer by the school to begin teaching in September of 2009. However, they want $2200 USD up front to be wired to a bank account for visa and housing fees. The fact that my application was accepted within 48 hours of applying without a telephone interview seems shady to me.

I would appreciate your feedback.
felstock

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: I know it's a scam Reply with quote

My application was accepted after I wrote a very long list of answers sent to me from the 'Director of Studies' . I received the contract to sign and return this morning and then received an email from the 'Barrister' in charge of the paperwork. The 'Barrister' requested I send money for a visa (if I needed one) to the tune of 350 euros for the visa and 1380 euros for the down payment on the accommodation even though the 'position' doesn't start until 2nd September.

Having just emailed the employer directly they have confirmed that this is a fraud. Don't send any money! I've also been warned not to send any documents - even as a jpeg or pdf I've sent copies of a lot of personal information. I'm worried about identity fraud now.

This job is being advertised on a lot of sites.

I also nearly fell for the Jobs4Teachers scam until I was asked to send money. They are both operating out of Spain.
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Scams Reply with quote

You can read more here:

http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4008&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and here

http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4139&highlight=passport

and here

http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2263&highlight=identity+theft

UJ
dayman09

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same position as felstock. I smelt a rat when the "school barrister" asked me for the 1380 Euro, I emailed them to say I wouldn't pay that so they replied almost instantly with "thats ok, just send 580 Euro" lol

The real El Limonar website now has a notice informing that this was a scam. However, I feel like a bit of an idiot as I have already sent them a copy of my passport. I'm worried about identity fraud and I'm not sure what I should do next? Should the police be informed?

This is the first time I have applied for an ESL job, so I'm pretty new to this. Does this kind of thing happen often?!
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Identity Theft Reply with quote

You can check your risk of Identity Theft here for FREE

http://www.checkmyfile.com/ites.asp

UJ
tuanlviv

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They called me 3 times : the school director, the barrister and Alex Reina and kept asking whether I have transferred money to their account.
I told them that they are fake and they simply turned their phone off
and what is so funny is that their number is +22998173662
and all these 3 persons had the same voice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: