ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need a word of encouragement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL on the North American Continent . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavies2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: I need a word of encouragement Reply with quote

Dear colleagues;
I am a seasoned professional in the ESL/ EFL/ ESOL and Portuguese areas; I have experience with translations and interpretation, cultural training and much Phonetics/Phonolgy; I have been investing in my education and have obatined my Master's Degree in Applied Lingustics. I am currently teaching at university level, but with no garantees that I will have that job in the following semester. As much as I look, I can't seem to find a place that hires full-time employees; I have been hired as contract instructor for too long and have had no job security so far. I am getting discouraged and really out of options here. I have applied for corporate positions as well, but have received no feedback or reply. I am willing to relocate - abroad if necessary, as long as it means some kind of long term committment. I am trying to get certification in order to try Public Schools, but the bureaucracy and paperwok plus exams and money required for all that is so much, that I feel as I am paying to be hired. Can anybody help me? Is this the way it is supposed to be?
Lexicon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans public schools are currently hiring ESL teachers and offering a free certification program with it.

Also a few of the smaller universities in the NE generally hire about 1 per year but with no guarantees either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cdavies2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: encouragement Reply with quote

thanks for the reply
TutorVanessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Keep it up Reply with quote

Understandably job security is a question when you don't have full-time work, but you could always try a few part-time jobs to keep you going.

To look on the bright side.. you have the freedom to do whatever you like! You aren't tied down to one job, one location.

Jobs can always be found. It may not necessarily be the particular job you were looking for, but thats the beauty of life. You take it as it comes!

With that said, there are plenty of ESL teaching jobs in Asia. Some are willing to sponsor as well.

Good luck!
jon2636

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info
corainheaven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested for this job post. Please provide me details for job responsibilities and qualification required in this position. I am interested, if there is vacancies for this post then please inform me.

------------------------------
jobs in oregon
stashritz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about in Ukraine do you know any job offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL on the North American Continent . . . All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: