ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tenure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Academic Degrees...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Your ESL Job Tenure-Track?
Yes
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
What is Tenure-Track?
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Tenure Reply with quote

Reposted from another discussion...

Quote:
Can anyone tell me countries you know of where it's possible for foreign teachers to get tenure at the universities? And how difficult is it/ what kinds of requisites are there?

Scooby *Scott* Doo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like to see some response to this question as well as its relevant in my current job search...
eslfreak

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: USA -- Land of Opportunity??? Reply with quote

I am currently a PhD student with seven plus years of teaching experience. In the USA it all depends on the type of university you teach at. There are "tenure track" positions available, but they depend on other factors such as professional presentations, publications, type of research, as well as teaching style. Additionally, if you are selected to interview, the tenured faculty must determine if you are a good match to fill in a gap in their program.

My university just went through a faculty search and both hires were foreign with noticeable accents (South Korea and Turkey), but they were chosen for the rigor of their studies and their personalities. We focus more on teaching than research, although each faculty member has extensive publications. Other universities have more of a research bend and would have greater consideration on research efforts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Academic Degrees... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: