ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know of private english schoools in Palomas, Mexico?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL on the North American Continent . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  
virgogirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Anyone know of private english schoools in Palomas, Mexico? Reply with quote

I live in Santa Fe New Mexico and I am thinking about exploring the idea of teaching English in Palomas, only a 5 hour drive from here. Maybe work three days a week or something. Any knowledge of the English school scene there would sure be helpful. I am planning a road trip down there in the next couple of months.
Elsie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: working in Mexico Reply with quote

To virgogirl, I suggest if you want a quality job teaching ESL try the Harmon Hall Schools in Ciudad Obergon, Hermsillo, Hermsillo serra Vista. They pay well and are safe places to work.
teraric

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: working in Mexico Reply with quote

Elsie wrote:
To virgogirl, I suggest if you want a quality job teaching ESL try the Harmon Hall Schools in Ciudad Obergon, Hermsillo, Hermsillo serra Vista. They pay well and are safe places to work.

Harmon Hall is the bottom of the ESL schools in Hermosillo, they are the cheapest school in the city and students take awhile to progress. Just to correct the above poster, there are two locations in Hermosillo, one is called Sierra Vista (on Lopez Portillo) and the other I dont remember, but it's next to the movie theater on Solidaridad.

The best English school in Hermosillo is Quick Learning by far. However, they don't care if you have studied ESL before, since they have their own methods. They only care that you speak perfect English. They use a ESL system based on colors and objects (look like flags) where each one is a sound in English. It takes awhile to learn, but the students finish the courses speaking very good. However, they will most likely send you to a 2 week course in Mexico City before you begin.

The school is located on Solidaridad near Colosio.

Other schools in Hermosillo include Go English. However, they were new when I had an interview there. They did not seem to have any structure setup, and were making the workbooks as they went. Look for them on Google, they have a website.

You can also check out the private colleges there are tons in Hermosillo.

If you go to another part of Mexico, check out Berlitz or Interlingua. I have worked for Interlingua and the methods are spot on and the 2 week course is really good to take even if you don't decide to work for them. It's a great refresher for any teacher and it really humbles you of how you really know nothing about English.

If you have any questions, ask away and I will do my best to answer.
virgogirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: i am looking specifically for knowledge of schools in paloma Reply with quote

thank you for your replies. i will make a note. i am specifically trying to get info on palomas mexico which is on the new mexico/mexico border down by columbus mexico, so if anyone knows about this community and their schools give me another post.

i am making a trip down there in a couple of months.
Solana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Working in Mexico Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know anything about Palomas, but I'll be more than happy to help you if I learn anything as I'm investigating Mexico carefully.

Meanwhile, may I jump on to ask if anyone knows websites of any of the schools previously mentioned in the replies here, so I can look into them? And, the schools mentioned that "pay well" -- what is meant by that?

I'm currently in Japan and finishing my contract in April. I'll need another job very soon. I know I won't make nearly as much as I do here, but that's ok as long as I can continue to live and save at least a little. And, I'm ready to return to the Western world and there's certainly nothing to go back to in the states.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL on the North American Continent . . . All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: