ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Verify Chinese Writing: Re Posted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert G

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: How To Verify Chinese Writing: Re Posted Reply with quote

I had a Contract with a Stamp in Chinese and I could not read the stamp. So, I needed to know if the stamp was an Official Stamp from the College where I am to be teaching.

So, I took the contract to my local Chinese Restaurant for verification of the stamp. It was confirmed that the Stamp was indeed a stamp from the College where I will be teaching.

I know that there was one Forum Reader who read my original entry and commented quite harshly on my technique.

First: I have been going to this Chinese Restaurant for years.

Second: Many times when I am in Melbourne Australia I see people from other countries trying to read a map and I can tell that they are lost, so I help them to find their way.

So, I have helped many people from other countries and gone to this Chinese Restaurant for dinner many times, so what is wrong with asking for help?
Wocca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those official red stamps with a star on them can be
made for anyone on the street. No questions asked.

Shocked
bjwellgo

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wocca wrote:
Those official red stamps with a star on them can be
made for anyone on the street. No questions asked.

Shocked

True. You can see fliers for producing fake stamps or certificates or almost anything on almost every electrical pole and pavements.

But be aware. Once caught, one can be thrown into jail and fined a hefty sum of money.

The fact that many people are doing illegal things means only one thing: it's illegal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: