ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

passport copy required in CV?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: passport copy required in CV? Reply with quote

some of the employers ask for a scanned copy of your passport sent> along with your resume. Is this safe? Is it normal precedure when applying> for overseas employment? would it be ok to send an expired passport and then> send the newwer one once employment is confirmed?
Mandrake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Sending your passport copy when applying for overseas jobs Reply with quote

Hi Hana

One has to be wary when sending copies of your passport to job offers advertised online, as there is a risk of identity theft. I don't think sending an expired passport is going to help.

I would advise sending your current passport, along with your resume, however to be safe you can smudge out your passport number, which is relatively easy to do using programs like paint and other software.

When you have a definite contract and job offer, you can send your proper copy through.

Always research your potential employer online. If it is a scam, there is bound to be a post about it online somewhere. Always contact the company in question and ask if the person you are dealing with is working for the company, and is the job offer legit? Also Google the email address of the person you are communication with to see if there are any posts regarding scams. Also Google the person's name, these should help you to steer clear of scams.

I hope this helps.
sarah1davidson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: passport copy required in CV? Reply with quote

Hi,

I agree with the above reply. Wait until you have a job offer. I have sent copies of my passport to employers once I've been offered jobs (Yemen and Oman) and never had any problem. Your passport details are required in advance for countries where you need a residence visa . Upon arrival at the airport a temporary work visa will be waiting for you to enable you to enter the country and then you will process your residence visa when you are there. Hope this helps.
JamesAtRealize

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only allowed for my passport to be copied after or during an interview if it's past the point where the employer has shown interest in offering me the position.
Markchase07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Hey be careful Reply with quote

I don't think a passport copy is required when you apply for a job. Yes, it is needed only after you get selected for the job. Maybe some of the employers might ask you to bring along a copy at the time of interview, but before that I don't think it's needed.
Gary8Tod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely smudge the number - send the copy, perhaps they're checking your citizenship. Smudge the number but let them see that you are sending it - nothing to hide... Applications tend to sit around offices where anyone can get access to them
fdinolfo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Passport Copy with CV Reply with quote

Don't send anyone a copy of your passport unless they've already offered you a job, and you've accepted.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
-Voltaire
ferozkhan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: passport copy required in CV? Reply with quote

hana wrote:
some of the employers ask for a scanned copy of your passport sent> along with your resume. Is this safe? Is it normal precedure when applying> for overseas employment? would it be ok to send an expired passport and then> send the newwer one once employment is confirmed?

Hello Hana,

Sending a scan copy of passport is safe as that is only a copy and no one can use it for some fraud purpose, as that is not original one. I sent my passport xerox many times not only for job but to by my sim card as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V.... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: