ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE HELP WITH INFO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scalipus67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP WITH INFO Reply with quote

Hello fellow dedicated teachers Smile

I have been contacted by a school called LEARN BEST ES with a view to being hired as an ESL Teacher all over Spain. COOL 8)

My question is:

Has anyone been hired by this school or do you have any info that you might be able to share on their overall practices Question

Hopefully it isn't a scam Rolling Eyes

Many many thanks for any guidance you may be able to provide. Very Happy
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: School in Spain Reply with quote

Hello Scalipus67

Send me more details and I will check it out for you.

UJ
scalipus67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: FURTHER DETAILS Reply with quote

Greetings Union Jack,

I have tried extensive googling and don't seem to find any concrete info except for the odd job posting Confused

I applied via the following ad............

http://www.eslbase.com/jobs/spain/9788

Got a reply asking for further info and interview set up.
Thing is, should I take it further or is this just your run of the mill scam Question

Appreciated for all your help and look forward to what you may find Very Happy
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: SCAM OR NOT Reply with quote

Hello Scalipus67

The scammers often borrow another Company's website and other details but use their own email addresses and telephone numbers etc.

This is not the case here because the email address on their website is the same as the one in the advertisement.They have also listed their telephone numbers on the website. Unfortunately, there is only a Spanish version of their website. Link below:

http://www.cursos-ingles-cambridge.com/

I spoke with Rosana Galdo (UK contact) today and she seems genuine enough. She appears to be a go-between for the LEARN BEST ES (LEARN THE BEST WAY) ESL Spanish Company. She says she is Spanish but my research suggests that she is Argentinian. The UK contact address given on the website should be 29A Fore Hill, Ely. Cambridgeshire.

When you attend the interview, don't give them any money or original documents. Take copies of the originals, to the interview, so there is no need for them to take your originals away for copying...

Don't forget to ask for travelling expenses!

UJ
scalipus67

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Britons shall never, never be............ Reply with quote

Dear UJ,

Indeed, after your reply, I am indeed recovering my faith in the Brits. Or is it just you?

Many, double times many, THANKS INDEED for your research and good wilI.

Words escape me...

I'd buy you a pint if I could. 8)

All the best...

Sandra. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: