ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cover letter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
say.loure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: cover letter Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask about the cover letter, but I haven't found another one yet. I've just joined the site and I'm still trying to find my way around here.. it would be great if somebody could tell me how the profile works: should I write sth like a general cover letter (which is almost impossible) or is it enough to write a resume and then add a cover letter every time I want to apply for a job? How does the system work in this respect?
I guess it's a dummy question, but the beginning is always confusing Embarassed

thanks a lot!
syed2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: COVER LETTER Reply with quote

As we know that cover letter is the first impression to make to an employer. A cover letter should be written in such a way that the employer will read it as a summary of an attached resume.

To help you I googled and found some nice info here on Cover Letters
ICAL_Pete

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you apply for a job, as well as your resume or CV you will also need to send a cover letter.

This is the first and best chance to make a good impression so it should be the best you can create.

The letter should be short and to the point. School owners and DoSs do not have time to waste so they want to see without delay who you are and whether it is worth spending time on reading your resume.

The cover letter should contain these points:

* why you are writing
* where you saw the advert
* who you are and what you can offer
* why you want this particular job
* ask them to consider your application

Don't, however, be arrogant in your letter and tell them how good you are and why they should employ you. Also, bear in mind that the person reading the letter may not have a 100% grasp of English so you should keep it simple.

The idea is that the letter should encourage them to open up your resume and read more about you.

TEFL Cover Letter
DarrielGomes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

The primary thing that you should do when writing the letter is search for some samples. Try to find common or the basic element in all the letters you go through. If you are interested in applying for a job in sales, you can find sales cover letter models on the internet. The web is where most people go in order to buy something; search for information and even to payments related to bills.
terrydale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Cover Letter Reply with quote

The cover letter is so important but keep it very short - It's so hard, afterall this is your first impression but let it show how organized you are by getting to the point in just a few short sentences
alex445

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Alex Reply with quote

Why is a cover letter so important?????????
caban28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked myself the same question some time ago as I couldn’t understand the main goal of cover letters which usually do not add any useful information to the materials sent in resumes. However, the answer to your question is yes. You should send a cover letter every time when applying for a job or internship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Your ESL C.V.... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: