ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beware Berltz Valencia job posting = probable scam!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Beware Berltz Valencia job posting = probable scam! Reply with quote

Hi,
I am responding to a job posting on ESLemployment for Berltz Valencia of which there are currently two advertised on this site. I applied for the job last week, received an application to complete, and now have a skype interview tomorrow morning. The sketchy thing is that through this forum, I was able to realize this weekend that a job in Italy that I was offered with Academia Linguistica Internacional was a scam.
So my radar went up about this one in Valencia as the emails were in the same font and layout. When I checked my email today to look closer at all the details, I noticed that it is not Berlitz, the worldwide franchise company, but Berltz. The street address on google for Berlitz does not match the one on my corresondence emails. Also the skype name I am supposed to add for my interview is berltzescueladeidiomasespana, notice the wrong spelling of Berlitz.
I want to warn everyone about this and if I am mistaken please let me know so I don't pass up a job with the actual legit Berlitz company.
As I have just been scammed for two jobs within two weeks through this website, I wonder if this is the best place to be looking for jobs.
I also was offered a job in Korea with ESLCom, does anyone know about this recruiter/middle man. I am turning it down regardless because I feel so creeped out by all these scammers! I am going to stick with the EPIK program in Korea as at least it is government affiliated....
This sucks though, I really wanted to work in Europe but now I just have negative feelings about ever trying to get a job there.
Hope this helps someone else before you go to all the effort with the application form.
Thanks and please let me know if I am wrong about Berltz.
acj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Berltz contact details Reply with quote

Hi, just wanted to show the contact details from my email correspondences in case anyone else is in the same position or if anyone can confirm it is indeed a scam. Thanks!

BERLTZ ESCUELA DE IDIOMAS ESPAÑA
Ms Lucy Garci
Calle de Pinzón, 12 03560 El Campello,
Valencia. Spain
Tel: 00346 725 60757
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: KEEP SEARCHING Reply with quote

Hello Acj

Thanks for the heads up. I would say it is a scam and I am now awaiting confirmation from Berlitz.

Don't give up in your search for a job. Just be sure to check it out thoroughly, as you are doing. Don't trust anyone without evidence, even if it means losing the job.

Do not take a chance without evidence.

UJ

Last edited by unionjack on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: ADVERTISEMENTS Reply with quote

Hello Acj

I spoke with Berlitz Valencia this morning and they have confirmed that the advertisements have not been placed by Berlitz, as they have no vacancies at this time.

Later; I received an email from them,

We have not placed any advertisement in your website. This is a fraud.

You can see the web from Valencia

http://www.berlitz.es/es/valencia/

"Important information for job applicants"

Sincerely,

Maria José Oller

However, they would be happy to receive your CV and keep it on file. Send it to

Valencia@Berlitz.es

The advertisements have been deleted

UJ
spd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Berltz Reply with quote

Hi, I'm glad I saw your posts, but wish I had seen them earlier. The same thing has happened to me. Skype interviews etc.
I have seen on Berlitz's site they warn that Berltz's scam works by trying to get non-EU citizens to pay them for visa applications. I am an EU citizen, so I'm curious as to how the scam works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in Western Europe All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: