ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Masters Degree in the States/ ageism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Academic Degrees...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damills02

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Masters Degree in the States/ ageism Reply with quote

Hello,
I will be graduating next year (from a university in the states) with a M. Ed., concentration in ESL. However, I will have no teaching experience and won't be liscensed (but can teach higher education here in the states). I am fluent in Spanish and want to teach higher education abroad (prefer Europe, but very flexible). I am hoping to do this for a few years, then return to the states and use my experience to teach at a university. Will my Masters in Education/ESL be helpful, or am I wasting my time (my undergrad is in Journalism)? Additionally, how does age figure in hiring abroad (I am a 36 year old female). Any thoughts, experiences would greatly be appreciated! Smile
skennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Teaching abroad Reply with quote

Hi,
I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a job in a Spanish speaking country. Most schools want bi-lingual teachers but in Asia it would be an extra plus to be fluent in two languages. You might end-up teaching both languages. I'd put my application in to the country and the school I want and see what happens. You know in this business you have to be adventureous or you are in the wrong business. Good Luck and enjoy. Very Happy
________
Suzuki GSR600
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Academic Degrees... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: