ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESL Employment Opportunities In Eastern Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in the Baltic States, C. & E. Europe...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Boss

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: ESL Employment Opportunities In Eastern Europe Reply with quote

I can see the high growth of ESL teaching school in Eastern Europe as the region will be another outsourcing hub competing against India and Southern Africa. Is there anyone here got experience in teaching ESL at any Eastern Europe cities. I am quite interested to start up a ESL teaching school there.
Curica

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Big Boss!
I am currently teaching in Zagreb, Croatia. I do not exactly know how you can start up a language center here ( that is if you are interested in Croatia.) But I can ask around how this is possible. Just a little information that might help you, I think it is easy to start up a business here as they welcome foreign investors in this country. You may direct your enquiries first to Croatian Chamber of Commerce so you can get accurate info about opening up a business.

I will check out something that might be of help to you. More power to you!

curica Smile
curica41@yahoo.com
skennedy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Eastern Europe teaching Reply with quote

I taught in Zilina, Slovakia. There are several English Language Schools in Slovakia. My classes were always full and enthusiastic. We had lots of fun in open conversation class where we discussed everything from food, fashion and culture to politics and religion. Most Schools are Brtish run and I was the only American teaching there. It seems each school in the various cities I was affiliated with had one American and several British Teachers. If you can stand the snow, Slovakia is a beautiful country that most people don't know even exists. It is still pristine. I encourage you all to check it out before it loses it's unique qualities.
________
hotbox vaporizer

Last edited by skennedy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
CizinkaNaZemi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Narrow it down a bit? Reply with quote

Big Boss, that's a big question! Which countries are you considering exactly? Would you prefer to be in a capital city or not? And do you have time to do some research by visiting language schools in different countries?
What is your background for language-school administration? Because this is one of those businesses that will never be just a business - you need a financially savvy owner/director as well as a head teacher/director of studies who can make sure you're actually educating with integrity.
How far along are you, or is this just an idea you're throwing out?
Sorry for all the questions, but I've taught in C & E Europe for four years and could offer some discussion and maybe some insight if you offered some details first. Thanks!
sky007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was recently recruited do be the director of studies for a language school in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
I was recommended for the position due to my business experiences and other teachers freelancing in the city thought that I would do well.

The owner of the school has experience starting and running schools here already, which is a valuable experience. I learn about that every day, as I know my part of the job fairly well.

The business end of the institution is very important. There is a lot of work put into advertising and developing the school itself. Balancing everything together is the challenge and solvency can be difficult when you know that you require a lot of materials and agreements but don't yet have enough students.

Luckily, the experience has paid off and we're doing quite well. My freelance work meant that programs were already basically outlined. Her ability to enter the market strongly and effectively meant that we would have an almost immediate income.

I personally was looking at opening a school here before this, as there are several schools that have good market saturation but honestly have poor teaching and teachers.

I think the same could be done in many Eastern European countries as long as certain aspects are developed properly.

Either way, like any start-up business, it's a lot of work and long hours and investments. It's something that you really have to be prepared for.
tyson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curica moj mala!!!

Ka ko ste? ka radis? wow! Maybe you can help me and we can be friends forever. I am a canadian english/spanish teacher. My wife is croatian and I want to teach english in Zagreb, desperately. I have been looking for a way to come to croatia to be with my wife until she gets her papers for Canada. However, I would love to work and live in Croatia with my wife and learn to speak Croatian fluently. I recently visited Zagreb and stayed with my wife for a month. But money starts to run out when you are just on vacation! Please, help me take this huge step into the beginning of our future. I miss her so much and I feel this will be my only chance to find some stability in our marriage. We got married last Febuary and I am dying to be with her for our one year anniversary. I am willing to come to your school for an interview. I can also teach spanish if they are interested. Thanks for any help that you can offer.

lonely Tyson Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in the Baltic States, C. & E. Europe... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: