ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Study In China REMOVED Just Another Chinese Education Scam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Study In China REMOVED Just Another Chinese Education Scam? Reply with quote

This post has been moderated UJ

http://chinascampatrol.wordpress.com

Read the above link which speaks for itself. About seven weeks ago I visited with (Name removed) in Shang Di (near Wudaokou in Beijing) about enrolling in some classes. One of the young girls in the office told me they were "part of the Ministry of Education". Judging from the looks of their office, I could not believe that claim.

So I contacted the Ministry of Education and a woman named Wei Li told me that (Name removed) was a private company and had no affiliation with the Ministry of Education and was definitely not part of the MOE.
Read the link above and warn all your friends and family back home. There are other links about them at "ComplaintsBoard.com" going back to 2011 and 2012 as well.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cucas-c489020.html

Also it doesn't matter which university you apply for, it seems you will only get accepted by the 10 universities that pay (name removed) .a commission! So they collect a hefty fee from the student applicant (through their partner company (Name removed) AND also commissions from the universities. If this is not a scam I don't know what is.

Now within a day or two, ten fake "customers" (shills) will probably come here and reply with BS testimonial posts telling us how great (Name removed) is. Even the online "reviews" of this company are fake - bought and paid for, or hosted on their own sister web sites.
Dragonbreath

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: I saw the warnings too late. They got me and my sister! Reply with quote

This post has been moderated UJ

I wish I saw this warning last year. They already screwed me and my sister out of a bunch of fees and deposits we had to pay to (Name removed) They created this second company so that they can legally say that (Name removed) charges no fees. They are all crooks and not to be believed. I just searched them again now on Google and there are no less than 10 warnings but I never saw any of them until after we got burned. Timing is everything. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4593050&p=70403722#post70403722
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: