ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contract Re-neg!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Contract Re-neg! Reply with quote

This post has been moderated

Those of you looking for teaching positions in China should avoid South China (Name of College removed ) at all costs.

They don't pay out on the contract and foreign teachers are left to their own devices when it comes to visas and the required medical health check for certification.

Medical and dental care is a 3-hour bus trip away from this isolated university and shopping is a 20-minute bus trip, which must be taken when you're fully loaded with the goodies on return.

Though I've seen the contract out, several foreign teachers have walked out while I've been here and from all accounts many had done so before my arrival.

Though sick leave is listed as offered, there is none! You can get sick if you like, but you must make up any lost hours!!

They run the RMIT-TAFE Diploma of Business and the cheating that goes on to ensure student success needs to be seen to be believed! And it's not the students doing the cheating, it's the management. I was accused of being 'bloody minded' for insisting that students be required to follow examination processes!

Stay away from the place is the best advice I can give!

Please contact me for names and places

Cheers,
J
bjwellgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: a little add on Reply with quote

the name of the university is removed, but I guess the Diploma program is jointly run by the university and some other for-profit organization, maybe the organization that initiates or franchise the Diploma program.

I happen such one program in Shandong. It's affiliated with Shandong U. in Jian. It's called Shandong int'l education center. Quite tmepting, humh?

Anyway, the university is to blame if something bad happens on its campus. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in China [Only]... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: