ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanish ESL Resources

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL on the North American Continent . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lexicon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Spanish ESL Resources Reply with quote

Guys,

I´ve started a page on my site where I´m posting all of the handouts we create for our students in Mexico. I hope these are of some use.

http://www.lexiconbusiness.com/resources
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lee Hobbs
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: New Orleans and Wroclaw Reply with quote

Lexicon,

New Orleans and Wroclaw, huh?

Sounds like you've spent some time in at least two "necks" of the woods from my own history as well.

Nazdrowie N'Ola!

Lee
http://www.english-blog.com

Lee's blog is still available, however, here: www.english-blog.com
Lexicon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...yep NOLA and Poland, pick your liquor and there´s probably somebody in each place drinking it!

Pannsyltucky huh? I spent 3 years in Kentucky, sorry to hear you´re there Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lee Hobbs
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: In the Pennsyltucky Coal Mines... Reply with quote

Lexicon wrote:
sorry to hear you´re there Smile

Only for my doctorate Lexicon, then I'm outta here!

Thanks for your contributions to the forum,

Lee
http://www.english-blog.com

Lee's blog is still available, however, here: www.english-blog.com
Lexicon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both Pennsylvania and Kentucky are two states that everyone should visit if they visit the US. Mainly, they're both just amazing in the fact that they vary so extremely from place to place. I had the unlucky pleasure of being in southern Kentucky (Hopkinsville / Ft Campbell / Clarksville, TN). It was a terrible area. But The whole time I was there, I heard all these great stories of the wonderful 'other' kentucky near Louisville. And then there's Pennsylvania with Pittsburg and Scranton in one part, and Philly in the other with Hershey and the dutch / amish country filling in the middle. It's really amazing when you think of what all you find -- people, topography, cultures, all in the confines of those states. A day's drive is like touring a few different countries at once...

Just curious, what were you doing in NOLA? And for that matter, where'd you teach in Wroclaw?

I think NOLA is America's most European city. And Wroclaw is just one of my favourite places. It's really one of the hidden gems of Europe. I'll never forget my first morning there when I asked a guy for directions to my school. His instructions included a KFC, 2 McDonald's, a Texaco and a BP station! I was starting to think I'd gotten off in the wrong country or something...

--andres
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL on the North American Continent . . . All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: