ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Job in Mexico

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Getting the ESL Job...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evelina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Job in Mexico Reply with quote

HI, I am a first time user to this forum, and am very happy to be here. I have a question about a job in La Piedad, Michoacan. It's a two month position and it seems as though duties include not only teaching but doing some administrative duties of the English program at the university there. They pay $6000 pesos per month after taxes. No mention on housing arrangements and I must arrange my travel.

I just wanted to get an idea of what the average pay is for teachers in Mexico and if this is worthwhile. I was interested in this because it is a short term immersion opportunity and I wanted to brush up on my Spanish.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of this position. Airfare and housing will not be included, though that is the norm in Mexico. As for 6000 pesos per month, it's not a lot but it is also within the norm. You might find yourself with a heavy workload though, and not much time to enroll in a Spanish course if that is your intent.
evelina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I figured it would be a heavy amount of work since it basically said I would be running the English program. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me.

Well, I wouldn't say running it. This school has been around awhile and will have a good support system for you.
Etc.Van

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: 6,000 pesos Reply with quote

That sounds like a good even number! I was recently offered a full time position in Monterrey, Mexico and the pay was a measley two grand a month!
Buena Suerte.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2,000? That must be dollars. Couldn't possibly be pesos. 2,000 dollars is very good money in Mexico.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Getting the ESL Job... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: