ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recreation and ESL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Getting the ESL Job...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Etc.Van

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Recreation and ESL Reply with quote

Put these two together in a well thought out business plan here in Vancouver and you are tapping into a serious market. By serious, I mean a multitude of prospective students. I would love to hear your ideas. I'm leaning toward a tour group that has education curriculum embedded in the adventure. Conversational English would be a central theme.
Ciao
Eric
Supergussy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Already been done. Reply with quote

Thosands of people (mostly teenagers) attend such schools every year in Europe. Why is your school any different from the other summer schools?
Supergussy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Come to think of it..... Reply with quote

...if it really is such a great business plan, then why announce it to the world of ELT when it is still only a plan?

Angus
Etc.Van

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I did not know this is the world of ELT. Second, I'm simply looking for ideas, thoughts, and suggestions. Third, I suggest you look for positives instead of negatives as this will improve your whole outlook on life. Very Happy
Supergussy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestion, but you put forward a "business plan" and therefore must, as a businessman, seek both positive and negative feedback. If you only listen to positive comments and ignore the criticisms of your proposed (or present) business you will fail miserably in any world. It is up to you to persuade and convince potential investors that your plan is worth investing in.

Angus
Etc.Van

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: hmmmmm Reply with quote

so far all you have told me is that this type of business already exists in Europe. If this constitutes feedback then so be it but again you have failed to add any input negative or positive worthy of inspection. Also, i never said i was looking for investors.
Still looking for some constructive feedback!
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your competitors doing? How are they doing it?

I personally know of only one place in your part of Canada called Pan-Pacific. They do similar work. Check them out in Victoria. If you think it would work, contact me by PM because I might be able to help you on the other end of things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Getting the ESL Job... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: