ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching English abroad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL to Young Learners...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esllanguage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Teaching English abroad Reply with quote

If anyone has experience teaching English as a second language abroad, I would love any advice on which areas I should definitely look into; which areas I should definitely stay away from, etc. I'm open to almost any country. Any advice is helpful. Thanks! Oh, and, I'm an American. Although I'm "blue-state minded", me being American might change some of your minds about where I would be welcomed.
EricWilson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESL is very good for Young learners, because make their english foundation strong ..........................

English Grammar
Business English Teacher
TEFL World Wiki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as an American the usual choices of where to go are either South America or Asia. (It's harder to get into Europe due to visa issues.)

In South America Mexico is a popular destination and in Asia you might want to think about China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam.

Of course there are other destinations, but these are tried and tested for new teachers and you'll find other Americans there which is sometimes a good thing when you're starting out and need some help.

Getting started in TEFL
Mad_Miller20

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of places to teach ESL in South America. Mexico and other central American countries have a lot of ESL opportunities as well but, consider Brazil, Puerto Rico (an American territory - no visa needed), etc. before settling on Mexico.
ferozkhan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricWilson wrote:
ESL is very good for Young learners, because make their english foundation strong ..........................

English Grammar
Business English Teacher

You are right, I have found many new things that helped me to speak the English language perfectly.
caKiGa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: American ESL teachers in Europe Reply with quote

I only have experience teaching ESL in Europe, but I find that even during the Bush years Europeans were very happy to have an American teaching - any native speaker is better than nothing! Especially once they get to know you.

For adults there is no problem but sometimes I had trouble teaching high school students who needed very specific British English phrases and spelling, however.

Best of luck!
TEFL east

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While looking for ESL job openings abroad, one must research on a few things. The region or countries he or she wishes to, the job openings found there, average remuneration package and whether it is sufficient along with immigration and general laws of that country. These jobs are available in most countries whether they are in native English speaking countries or non-English speaking countries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL to Young Learners... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: