ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling yourself to Businesses...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL to Business Persons...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lexicon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Selling yourself to Businesses... Reply with quote

I would like to start a conversation on the following:

How do you sell businesses on the need for ESL training?

Also, how do you market youself to businesses as a freelance instructor?

How do you approach (cold call) a business and what is involved in the negotiation for a contract?

I think this could be a useful topic.

Andreas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kimfeder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Andreas,

I am interested in discussing your questions as I have been working on doing ESL for businesses as my own business.

The best success I've had with contacting businesses is to get referrals through networking. I joined a local Chamber of Commerce, and was able to get some names of people to contact in companies in the area.

Next, I took a low-key approach of calling to introduce myself as a new member of the Chamber who offers ESL training, and to find out about different languages spoken at that company and some of the challenges that accompany. You can use this to get an appointment to those who are interested in finding out more about how you go about doing the training you offer.

So far, I haven't done too much in terms of convincing companies of their need; it's better to identify the felt needs and go from there to talk about how ESL can help meet those needs.

I would love to hear how things go as you contact businesses, and what you find to work as I am also looking to grow in my skills!

Take care, Kim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL to Business Persons... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: