ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great forum for working in Singapore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in C. Asia, Far East & Australia...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ifellfromthesky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Great forum for working in Singapore Reply with quote

Just wanted to share a forum I came across. It is dedicated to working/ studying/ living in Singapore. Do check it out, if you are thinking of shifting to Singapore.

http://knowingsingapore.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi
Thomas Goodnight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet this forum you are 'sharing' is your own, right? Why not just come out and say it? Don't be ashamed to plug your site brother man.

Goodnight
Thomas Goodnight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way what's so great about the forum? I just checked it out and I don't see a whole lot of action there.

But I just thought of a question maybe you can answer for me. I heard you can't chew gum in singapore is that right? That's kinda a stiff rule.

Goodnight
ifellfromthesky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Goodnight wrote:
By the way what's so great about the forum? I just checked it out and I don't see a whole lot of action there.

But I just thought of a question maybe you can answer for me. I heard you can't chew gum in singapore is that right? That's kinda a stiff rule.

Goodnight

Haven't been to this site for a while.
To answer your first reply, no, it's not my site. A friend of mine is one of the site administrators. However, I have nothing to do with the site.
I never said that it's great. Useful perhaps, great? Definitely no.
You have to post questions. The forum administrators are quite helpful in answering questions.

Why are you asking me the question about chewing gum? Did you post this question in the forum I recommended?
Anyway, to answer your question, it is illegal to sell chewing gum in Singapore. However, according to my colleague, it is NOT an offense to chew gum. But it IS an offense to litter (throwing/ sticking your used gum anywhere but the rubbish bins). Many Singaporeans buy chewing gum from abroad and chew it in Singapore.
Scooby *Scott* Doo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey is it true you can get the death penalty in Singapore for doing weed? Not that I ever would do something like that outside of Amsterdam, being the law-abiding, authority-respecting, grammar-loving teacher that I am...
ifellfromthesky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't get the death penalty in Singapore for smoking weed, but if u possess too much weed, u may get it. I'm not sure what's the min. for the death penalty though. Best to just stay away from drugs.

Remember, heroes don't do drugs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL in C. Asia, Far East & Australia... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: