ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-Native teachers and butter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnson.camel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Non-Native teachers and butter Reply with quote

Have you seen the Land O Lakes butter package? This is a little known ESL tool, there are good words on there that can be used, especially by non-Native teachers who seem to do a lot of posting on this forum
Thomas Goodnight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's some sort of urban mith...yeah i just spelled myth wrong relax. I hear of a similar one where someone taught a class based just on a number 2 pencil.

Have you heard about that?

Goodnight
Kuplungmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Goodnight wrote:
Yeah that's some sort of urban mith...yeah i just spelled myth wrong relax. I hear of a similar one where someone taught a class based just on a number 2 pencil.

Have you heard about that?

Goodnight

Have you taught the class w/lesson based on worn out Pink Pet eraser?
PittsburghPete

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Non-Native teachers and butter Reply with quote

johnson.camel wrote:
Have you seen the L----------s butter package? This is a little known ESL tool . . .

Thomas Goodnight wrote:
Yeah that's some sort of urban mith . . .

Hey ya'll especially old Goodnight Camel.

Okay, ya pushed me into it, I just can't take it no more hearin about this butter lady as myth.

Ain't no myth and I'll show ya how to do it for your class just remember this here ain't for no kiddies. It's sure enough grown-up stuff only. If your offended by cartoon boobies from the 1920s then go away now.

I also ain't gonna use that brand name cuz they'll probably just get mad at this here forum otherwise. Let's just call it lanndalakes gal ok?

I tell ya what's weird about all this nonsense is how the old gal is holdin up a dang old box of herself holding up a box of herself into infinity or something. Makes my old head spin ya'll.

Ok, here's how ya do it. Go get some some scissors and a craft knife or razor blade. Oh yeah, you'll need a butter package from "that brand"

She looks like this normally:

Then take your scissors or razorblade and cut her knees off right around the waterline. Should look like this if you do it right dangit.

That'll leave ya with two pieces for the time being. The one I just showed ya and a little strip of her knees like this:

Still with me? Ok now, then take exacto blade and craftily cut a slice right on the top line of that blue butter box she be holding up so proudly. Like i'm showing ya how below. Maybe don't cut into her purty black locks now.

Now go back to them knees. Cut off the side backgrounds and around the bottom of those knees so they're nice and round.

When you're done it should look something like this more or less:

Okay, here's the money shot. Take that knees cutout and slide it in behind the lanndalakes gal where that slit you done made is. Slide it to where you the bottoms of the "knees" touch the fangers. Then put a piece of sticky cellophane tape on the back to hold it all in place. Here she is:

Well whaddya think? Think we gots a new hooters gal or a mascot for this here forum? Remember, this ain't for babies. Still you think yore EFL talkers gonna have somethin' to say about this? Makes you wonder what those boys were thinking when they first drawed that up don't it?

Hope ya'll liked it and won't kick me off now. Bye and goodnight, Goodnight.

"You might be a redneck if you spent more money on your pickup truck than on your education." --Joe Foxworthy.

Last edited by PittsburghPete on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee Hobbs
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Non-Native teachers and butter Reply with quote

PittsburghPete wrote:
If your offended by cartoon boobies from the 1920s then go away now.

Alright, PittsburghPete, that was certainly pretty lame and immature but I think almost any North American, Generation X lad from a certain era knows that schoolboy trick. A real rite of passage I'd say.

We'll overlook the crude depiction this time, but only if Johnson.Camel will share his insights on just "how" this particular piece of nostalgia is used in an ESL class. Maybe some of our other readers have some original ideas. Thomas? Kuplungmaster?

Do tell!

Look forward to hearing this one.

Lee

http://www.english-blog.com

Lee's blog is still available, however, here: www.english-blog.com

Last edited by Lee Hobbs on Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kuplungmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

TPR in any way! 8)

cut - slice - cut - paste - look - cut - paste...

I'd say it's good for development of fine motor skills!

8)
PittsburghPete

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Using the gift of sight to learn wonders. Reply with quote

Kuplungmaster wrote:
cut - slice - cut - paste - look - cut - paste...

Especially the "looking" bro Shocked

Looks like we got a lesson plan here on learning to see in the English language. I'm gonna start up a new online certificate program with this here picture watermarked on it. My program gonna be called SESL or Seeing English in a Second Language cause everybody done know we all see different, dang. To pass the test you gotta make one of them gizmos. I'll sell the butter to the suckers who sign up for it and make a ginormous old profit ya'll Wink

Wonder if I can come up with a freaky old braille version?

"You might be a redneck if you spent more money on your pickup truck than on your education." --Joe Foxworthy.
Etc.Van

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: you know you have too much time on your hands when: Reply with quote

PittsburghPete

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: you know you have too much time on your hands when: Reply with quote

Heh, heh.

Looks like you snapped a photo of my family vehicle taken me to the weekly tractor-pull. Give back to the earth: recycle.

Now, how do you explain this to an ESL class overseas?

P.Pete

Wocca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: How lame ? Reply with quote

alisonboston

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Land-o-lakes Butter ESL class Reply with quote

I think the Land-o-Lakes butter routine can be used in an all-girl ESL class in a developing country to teach them how some sub-standard native-speaking adult males think and behave like children...

I dunno why men are obsessed with breasts. It seems most men are both fascinated by, and terrified of them at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: