ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business teaching methodologies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL to Business Persons...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Business teaching methodologies Reply with quote

Hi All,

I would like to do a bit of research and thought here would be a good place to start. What different styles of teaching Business English are there and are there certain methodologies, which are better than others?

Thank you in advance.
Sam
careerskk@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Business teaching methodologies Reply with quote

SC wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to do a bit of research and thought here would be a good place to start. What different styles of teaching Business English are there and are there certain methodologies, which are better than others?

Thank you in advance.
Sam

I think there is one called SQRRR. S - Survey , Q - Question, R - Read , R - Recollect and R - Remember.
Initially one should survery or glance through the subject matter quickly. This should be followed by questions to self like "what this subject deals with?", " where this can be applied?" etc.
Then comes actual reading.
Reading should be complemented with recollecting read items after some time gap.
Remembering is reading again after a week or so and at frequent intervals thereafter.
Mary-Ann

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Teaching business Reply with quote

Hi - another problem I've found with teaching business is that it can tend to be quite specialized - especially in the vocab. I've found myself learning about marketing & focus groups and company accounting & auditing. It is possible to find materials in these areas - but I'm well stuck for IT - any suggestions. Mary-Ann
anneosman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: ESL for IT Reply with quote

I've used three Oxford texts:

Basic English for Computing (OX)

Oxford English for Computing

Oxford English for Information Technology

These take the student from elementary to upper intermediate.
ProfessorYasin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Theme Based Learning is good to learn Busines English Reply with quote

Hi,

You already must have experienced how ineffective the English classes are to develop English for business...It is quite natural, because we don't learn the usable language to deal with clients, colleagues or bosses...The classroom learning is very limited.

One of the ways you should try is using the software:
"Espoir Smart English through Management Ideas' for Managers & CEOs
'Smart English through Success Secrets' for executives
'Smart English through Technology & Science' for Technical Professionals

It will not only teach you the usable English but also will boost your thinking & knowledge of the Business & corporate world. You will develop soft skills & also build healthy inter-personal skills.

Practicing to speak the English that will create an impact is necessary. Business English or Social English is more or less the same. But the terminology & the expectations from the persons change. Espoir teaches you both, no doubt ; but opening your mind to a new world of possibilities by learning English is a fact.
kansasmiller

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two other methods use for the teaching Business English. When you study in abroad that time require the some exam like IELTS and TOEFL. this also use for the teaching Business English. Its also impotent for the know IQ of the English. This both is just exam for the study on abroad but they also use for the teaching Business English method.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL to Business Persons... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: